Before becoming an attorney, Ms. Kearns worked in Public Finance for a top global investment bank, where she assisted clients, including state and local governments, hospitals, universities, public power utilities, toll road authorities, airports, housing authorities, and other non-profit organizations, in issuing debt to finance infrastructure projects. She also has extensive non-profit experience, contributing to the publication of a report making recommendations to the United Nations Security Council, co-authoring a report detailing potential racial profiling in police practices in New Jersey, and traveling to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, with official Observer status to attend the military commission hearings.
Ms. Kearns’s unique experience allows her to develop and execute impactful solutions for clients across industries. A former collegiate rower, she is competitive and results-driven.
- Represented real estate developers in contract disputes arising from redevelopment projects in New York City and Jersey City.
- Represented nursing homes in class actions asserting claims under the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act and during inquiries from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- Represents minority shareholders, majority shareholders, and corporations in high-stakes and emergent litigation, including seeking injunctive relief and temporary restraints.
- Represents municipalities in prerogative writ actions against redevelopment and in contract disputes involving public utilities.
- Represents property management companies, tenants and landlords in commercial lease disputes.
- Represents employers and employees in actions asserting claims for hostile work environment as well as unfair competition and other business torts.
- Represents insurance companies and individual insurance brokers against claims of fraud and breach of contract, and before the New Jersey Department of Insurance and Banking.
- Represents individuals seeking guardianship or alleged incapacitated persons.
- Represents administrators of estates.
- Represents distributors during grand jury investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- Represents chiropractors before New Jersey Board of Examiners.
- Hon. Donald A. Kessler, J.S.C. (Ret.)