Mr. Fernandez is a skilled litigator with an active general liability and commercial litigation practice. He represents private, public, and non-profit clients in business and civil litigation, complex commercial litigation, and government regulation. He also handles shareholder disputes and business divorces.
Mr. Fernandez advises clients on a wide range of commercial and complex litigation matters, including minority shareholder/member oppression, breach of contract, defamation and trade libel, and declaratory judgment actions. He also represents clients before the New Jersey Office of Administrative Law and the State Board of Medical Examiners on healthcare and consumer affairs matters. Additionally, he counsels clients on labor and employment, the Faulkner Act, and the False Claims Act.
In addition to client development, Mr. Fernandez also prioritizes service to the community. He is a member of the Union County College Board of Trustees, is an NJ LEEP attorney-mentor, and represents pro bono clients in municipal court on moving violations and low-level criminal offenses. He is also fluent in Spanish.
Honors & Awards
- Elizabeth, NJ City Council, Hispanic Heritage Month Commendation (2014)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Essex County Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association
- NJ LEEP
- Trustee, Union County College Foundation
- Project Specialist & Constituent Advocate, Office of U.S. Senator Cory A. Booker, 2013-2018
- Dept. of Planning and Community Development, Community Development Aide & Law Department, Law Clerk, City of Elizabeth, New Jersey, 2010-2013
- Hon. John Zunic, J.S.C.