Holly Schepisi served as a member of the New Jersey General Assembly from 2012 until March 25, 2021, when she was sworn in as a member of the New Jersey State Senate. Senator Schepisi represents the 39th Legislative District, which includes twenty-three municipalities in Bergen and Passaic Counties. She serves as a member of the Health, Human Services, and Senior Citizens Committee and the Community and Urban Affairs Committee and has been selected as the Deputy Conference Leader. While in the Assembly, she sat on the Environment and Solid Waste, Judiciary, Housing, and Appropriations Committees.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Schepisi started her own firm, Schepisi Consulting & Law, LLC. She was also a Managing Director and Investment Review Committee member of an affiliated group of private equity and venture capital funds with a national focus on small businesses and the social benefits of supporting entrepreneurs and enhancing local job creation.
Most recently, Ms. Schepisi served as Vice President of Holy Name Medical Center and President of its Foundation.
Experienced in public issues, Ms. Schepisi currently serves as counsel to the Park Ridge Board of Public Utilities and previously served as the public defender for the Borough of Oakland and the township attorney for River Vale, where she successfully helped the municipality acquire the River Vale Country Club. She is an executive committee board member of the Bergen Community College Foundation, a board member for the Adler Aphasia Center, the President of the Fordham Law Alumni Association, New Jersey Chapter, and serves as an advisory board member of Provident Bank.
- Represented municipality in acquisition of country club and adjacent five-acre parcel for development.
- Represented developer in acquisition and zoning board approval for a D-1 Variance of an inpatient drug and alcohol facility in Mahwah, New Jersey located in the Highlands Preservation Zone.
- Obtained zoning board approval for a D-1 variance of a 60,000 square foot self-storage facility in Westwood, New Jersey.
- General counsel for assisted living facility.
- Outside general counsel for local utility.
- Land use and financing counsel for developer of 100% affordable housing projects.
- Represented developer in acquisition of operational Marina in Edgewater, New Jersey.
- Lead counsel on joint venture among Fortune 100 companies for the exploration of new telecommunications technology.
- Recapitalization and roll-up of auto maintenance franchises on behalf of acquiring entities.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
Honors & Awards
- Woodcliff Lake Republicans Club 25th Lincoln Award (2021)
- Assemblywoman of the Year by N.J. Conference of Mayors (2018)
- CarePlus Courage Award for Mental Health Advocacy (2017)
- Carol Murphy Award from the Women’s Political Caucus of New Jersey (2016)
- The Lucy Gorant Republican Woman of the Year Award (2015)
- Outstanding Women in Government Award from The New Jersey League of Municipalities (2014)
- Woodcliff Lake Republicans Club Lincoln Award (2013)
- Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award and the Fordham Student Sponsored Fellowship Award from Fordham Law (1997)
No aspect of the advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey or the New York State Court of Appeals. Click here to view Awards/Honors Methodology.
- New Jersey State Senator, 39th District; 2021 – Present
- New Jersey State Assemblywoman, 39th District; 2012 - 2021