Since beginning her law career at two of the State’s most prestigious law firms, Ms. Studwell has focused her practice on complex commercial litigation. Having gained invaluable experience in this area, she can provide her clients with high-quality legal representation tailored to their individual needs.
Whether the client is a Fortune 500 company, a closely held family business, or an individual, Ms. Studwell devotes herself to achieving her client’s goals by quickly assessing the strengths and weaknesses of each case and tailoring her strategy accordingly. The plan may entail an aggressive litigation stance for some instances or a recommendation to pursue a settlement track for others. The best interests of the client are always paramount, regardless of the strategy employed.
Ms. Studwell’s litigation practice involves all facets of a case, from filing the first pleading through discovery, motion practice, and trial. She frequently appears in courts of chancery seeking emergent relief.
No client is happy to be embroiled in contentious litigation or stressful business negotiations. Ms. Studwell strives to minimize this stress by guiding her clients through these challenging situations with compassion and understanding.
- Successful litigation of contentious membership oppression/corporate “divorce” cases resulting in positive resolutions.
- Trial to completion of high-profile employment matter resulting in complete win for client.
- Successful resolution of estate litigation matters resulting in significant asset distributions to clients.
- Obtained injunctive relief on behalf of the medical staff of a large medical center involving the imposition of new by-laws against regional health care system.
- Obtained summary judgment for bank president in fraud/breach of contract action involving $50 million real estate transaction.
- Outside corporate counsel for spin-off of national consulting firm.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
Memberships & Affiliations
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, Mentorship Program
- Essex County Bar Association
- Brooklyn Women's Bar Association