Mr. Yu counsels corporate and private clients from pre-suit investigation through verdict in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and other dispute resolution forums. He has successfully litigated and tried cases involving corporate governance, shareholder and partnership breakups, commercial real estate transactions, business torts, putative class actions, employment matters, and restrictive covenant disputes.
Leveraging his experience in the courtroom and his time advising principals, executives, investors, and family offices across a wide range of sectors, Mr. Yu brings together a strategic, results-driven focus and delivers business-minded solutions to complex challenges. He advises clients on business and real estate valuation issues, shareholder oppression, liquidity rights, and entity control disputes as part of his active litigation practice.
Mr. Yu has also successfully defended prominent professional service firms and licensed professionals against malpractice, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
Mr. Yu is currently serving a three-year term on the Committee on Character following his appointment by the Supreme Court of New Jersey in 2022. His prior experience includes assisting a Special Master in a complex allocation proceeding among creditors in federal court and acting as a court-appointed fiduciary in an estate-related litigation.
Before joining O’Toole Scrivo, LLC, Mr. Yu was a commercial litigator at an Am Law 200 firm.
- Successfully defended one of the nation’s largest logistics companies in a whistleblower action alleging retaliation, breach of contract, and unfair trade practices.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for private clients in arbitration with real estate assets of more than $140M in dispute.
- Secured favorable final judgment for a client in a business divorce proceeding involving a multi-million-dollar real estate portfolio following a two-year private arbitration on valuation and damages.
- Defeated class certification on behalf of a leading assisted living facility for claims brought under state consumer protection laws.
- Counsel for a major pharmacy benefit manager in a putative class action alleging violations of state and federal antitrust laws and state consumer protection statutes related to the pricing and distribution of insulin.
- Successfully defended private companies, directors, officers, and REITs against business tort claims.
- Successful defense of law firm and lawyers arising from physician disciplinary proceedings in the Supreme Court of New York, which the First Department affirmed unanimously on appeal.
- Secured dismissal of a $34.3M legal malpractice claim on summary judgment in the Supreme Court of New York, New York County.
- Conducted internal investigations concerning allegations of director misconduct, diversion of corporate opportunity, fraud, and breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Advised global insurance company on recovery efforts relating to political risk and multi-buyer international trade credit claims.
- Pro bono matters include volunteering with Human Rights First and aiding a Mauritanian refugee to secure asylum in the U.S. after facing persecution due to sexual orientation.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
Honors & Awards
- Included in New Jersey Law Journal, New Leaders of the Bar list (2022) (conferred by ALM | Law.com)
- Included in New Jersey Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list (2018-2023) for Business Litigation (conferred by Thomson Reuters)
No aspect of the advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey or the New York State Court of Appeals. Click here to view Awards/Honors Methodology.
Membership & Affiliation
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Hon. Frederick J. Theemling, Jr., J.S.C. (Ret.)