As an experienced litigator, Mr. Yu counsels and represents corporate and individual clients from pre-suit investigation through verdict in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and other dispute resolution forums. He helps clients navigate and resolve shareholder, partnership, and joint venture disputes. Mr. Yu offers clients business-minded solutions and strategic advice on corporate governance issues, risk management, restrictive covenants, and other sensitive matters. In addition, he has successfully defended prominent professional service firms and licensed professionals against claims for malpractice, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty.
Mr. Yu has been recognized on the Rising Star list by New Jersey Super Lawyers in the area of Business Litigation from 2018 through 2022.
Before joining O’Toole Scrivo, LLC, Mr. Yu was a commercial litigation associate at a national law firm.
- Successfully defending one of the nation’s largest logistics companies in a whistleblower action alleging retaliation, breach of contract, and unfair trade practices.
- Securing final judgment for a client in a business divorce action over a multi-million dollar real estate portfolio following a two-year private arbitration on valuation and damages.
- Successfully defending private companies, directors, officers, and REITs against class actions, RICO claims, and other claims brought under federal and state consumer protection laws.
- Assisting with the trial and defense of a leading food supplier in a breach of contract lawsuit in federal court.
- Successful defense of law firm and lawyers arising from physician disciplinary proceedings in the Supreme Court of New York, which the First Department affirmed unanimously on appeal.
- Securing dismissal of a $34.3 million legal malpractice claim on summary judgment in the Supreme Court of New York, New York County.
- Conducting internal investigations concerning allegations of director misconduct, diversion of corporate opportunity, fraud, and breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Advising global insurance company on recovery efforts relating on political risk and multi-buyer international trade credit claims.
- Pro bono matters include aiding a Mauritanian refugee to secure asylum in the U.S. after facing persecution due to sexual orientation.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in New Jersey Law Journal, New Leaders of the Bar (2022)
- Listed in New Jersey Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2018-2022) for Business Litigation
No aspect of the advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey or the New York State Court of Appeals. Click here to view Awards/Honors Methodology.
Membership & Affiliation
- Bergen County Bar Association