Mr. DiGiulio most recently served as Chief Counsel to Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey. As Chief Counsel, Mr. DiGiulio was responsible for leading the Governor’s legislative initiatives, supervising gubernatorial appointments, and managing New Jersey’s authorities. Previously, he served as Senior Counsel to Governor Christie. In that capacity, Mr. DiGiulio advised the Governor on various legal, legislative, and regulatory issues, most prominently in healthcare, economic development, taxation, banking, and insurance. Before joining the Office of the Governor, Mr. DiGiulio was an attorney at an Am Law 200 firm.
Mr. DiGiulio utilizes his varied experience to provide novel and strategic counsel to clients in complex matters. Companies of all sizes seek him to act as “outside general counsel,” providing insight and advice on a litany of issues.
Mr. DiGiulio has been identified as a notable attorney in New Jersey’s expanding cannabis industry, representing current and potential licensees in all aspects of their operations. In addition, he represents a spectrum of stakeholders in the healthcare industry, including hospital networks, post-acute care providers, healthcare professionals, and trade associations.
As the firm’s General Counsel, Mr. DiGiulio provides risk management and ethics guidance to the Firm’s attorneys and oversees general liability issues. He also utilizes this experience to defend attorneys and law firms against all manner of claims.
- Successfully represented New Jersey medical marijuana alternative treatment center in expansions to satellite cultivation and retail facilities.
- Represented tech company in their application to obtain the first licensed third-party app in the United States to provide a secure way to purchase lottery tickets.
- Represented consulting client in acquisition by private equity firm.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of a federal lawsuit filed by the State of New Jersey seeking an audit of records against a Fortune 500 company.
- Successfully represented a hospital network against a competitor in a regulatory dispute over level of service.
- Obtained over $3 million judgment on behalf of client in dispute with vendor over damaged merchandise, lost corporate opportunities, and additional damages.
- Represented Fortune 500 company in public procurement dispute brought by a competitor.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® (2023) in Commercial Litigation
- Listed in New Jersey Super Lawyers® (2022) for Business Litigation (conferred by Thomson Reuters)
- Named one of New Jersey’s “New Leaders of the Bar” conferred by the New Jersey Law Journal
- Listed in New Jersey Super Lawyers® Rising Star (2014-2015, 2019-2021) for Business Litigation (conferred by Thomson Reuters)
- InsiderNJ’s 2021 Cannabis Power List
No aspect of the advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey or the New York State Court of Appeals. Click here to view Awards/Honors Methodology.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chairman, Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital Board of Trustees
- Vice President, Essex County Bar Association
- Chairman, Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointments Committee, Essex County
- New Jersey State Bar Association Legislative Committee
- Chief Counsel to Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey
- Senior Counsel to Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey
- Hon. Robert J. Passero, A.J.S.C. (ret.)