Government regulation has a daily impact on businesses and is a critical factor in any strategic planning. Regulatory and enforcement actions by federal and state agencies can be costly, causing business interruptions and delays. O’Toole Scrivo’s dedicated team of regulatory attorneys works with clients to find a strategic and sensible resolution to various regulatory and enforcement actions brought by government agencies.
O’Toole Scrivo’s Regulatory & Compliance Group is staffed with prior government attorneys and elected officials who have a keen understanding of government rulemaking and enforcement actions. The firm provides counsel on a bipartisan and multidisciplinary basis in a wide array of matters, including gaming, technology, labor, healthcare, construction, and procurement. Some of the issues our attorneys have worked on include:
- Drafting statutes, regulations, and executive orders
- Representing technology companies in emerging markets seeking licensure
- Responding to Department of Labor enforcement actions and audits
- Representing developers seeking economic development stimulus funding
- Counseling lobbyists on compliance with federal, state, and local laws
- Assisting federal, state, and local candidates and political committees on election law, campaign finance, and ethics, including litigating applicability of specific laws