Mr. Chamra's practice focuses on mass tort and general liability matters. He represents a variety of entities and individuals in defending complex claims with potentially high exposures. He is actively involved in the asbestos litigations of New York and New Jersey, managing the defense of thousands of cases pending in the Tri-State’s mass tort dockets. He takes great pride in being on top of all developments in high-action litigations with constantly shifting strategies, procedures, and players.
- Negotiated dismissals with plaintiffs’ counsel in mass tort dockets of multiple states, including NYCAL, resulting in significant decrease in potential exposure for client.
- Achieved multimillion-dollar bench trial verdict in breach of contract and bi-state judgment enforcement dispute.
- Effectively tendered defense and indemnity in multiple cases away from a recurring defendant in mass tort litigations, including NYCAL, resulting in multimillion-dollar cost savings for client and its insurers.
- Negotiated dismissal on behalf of renowned property developer in a multimillion-dollar construction defect action.
- Extracted client from suit in NYCAL based on New York's well-settled principle that an injured party has no direct cause of action against the insurer of a tortfeasor.
- Achieved dismissal in NYCAL on behalf of foreign-based client with aggressive, early pursuit of a lack of personal jurisdiction argument.
- Negotiated dismissal based on lack of successor liability, halting additional suits in high-profile mass tort litigation.
- Coordinated favorable resolution of catastrophic injury claim involving a pedestrian crushed by a collapsing parapet wall.
- Achieved summary judgment in favor of a contractor, dismissing New York’s strict liability, labor law claims against it.
- Hon. Patricia Del Bueno Cleary, J.S.C.