Mr. Leckie focuses on commercial litigation, business torts, shareholder and partnership disputes, and white-collar criminal defense and internal investigations. His work includes all aspects of federal and state litigation, including pre-trial, trial, and appellate practice.
Mr. Leckie worked at O’Toole Scrivo from 2017 to 2020 before clerking for the Honorable Freda L. Wolfson, U.S.D.J. During his clerkship for Chief Judge Wolfson, he assisted the Court in drafting more than 150 judicial opinions. These matters included securities and shareholder derivative lawsuits, product liability, employment discrimination, and civil rights and constitutional issues in both the civil and criminal context. He also gained experience in class actions and multidistrict litigation.
Having clerked at the federal and state levels, Mr. Leckie gained valuable insight into the courts’ decision-making processes. He uses this knowledge and expertise to zealously serve his clients’ interests and identify solutions to the most complicated problems.
- Represented the Chairman and CEO of a multi-state network of post-acute nursing and assisted living facilities in securing summary judgment based on the removal and buyout of two minority members under the company’s operating agreement and the Delaware Limited Liability Company Act.
- Represented a tech company in its application to obtain the first licensed third-party app in the United States to provide a secure way to purchase lottery tickets.
- Successfully represented a physician in connection with a healthcare fraud investigation conducted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office related to suspicions of falsifying records, kickbacks, and improper billing.
- Assisted private clients in achieving a favorable settlement in a dispute involving more than $140M of real estate assets.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
Membership & Affiliation
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Hon. Peter F. Bariso, Jr., A.J.S.C.
- Hon. John C. Kennedy, J.A.D.
- Hon. Freda L. Wolfson, U.S.D.J., Chief Judge